Okay so someone i follow lost all of her custom brushes so i made a masterpost for anybody who needed it
First i have some links:
And now full pictures i found in google a looong time ago:
And last a blog with a bunch of these:
http://ptsbrushes.tumblr.com/ (though it doesn’t update much)
erhmm…yep that’s about it
(see, I DID do something for 200 followers. 12 followers late, but it’s something! owo”)
All music here is free to use in your games or other projects without charge, either operating on a “Ok to use as long as you give me credit” basis, a Creative Commons License, or is already in the public domain (meaning there’s no copyright on it).
And feel free to add on more resources to this post if you like. c:
➤ Free Collections Ready for Download
(don’t worry, it’s not all yume nikki in here! Keep reading!)
Plasterbrain’s Yume Freebie Collection - plasterbrain's Yume Nikki Fangame Sound dump. According to them, they're ok with you using it for any type of projects as long as you don't redistribute the pack for money. Check out their sound cloud. They also did music for DREAM VS DREAM, a Yume Nikki fighting game you can play here. Music loops.
Yume Nikki Fangame Month - bwarch's pay-if-you-want-it-would-be-really-nice-if-you-did-but-it's-fine-if-you-don't pack of free to use Yume Nikki Fangame music for your Yume Nikki fan game (I did the art for it!). Has a bunch of rad tracks for you to use! Check out his Bandcamp here, his Soundcloud here, and his Youtube here. Music loops.
The Remains of the 8 Bit Collective - A huge file of Chiptune/8 Bit music free to use from the now down site 8 Bit Collective. There’s a bunch of crap, but there are good ones in there too. Music loops.
RPG Maker.net’s Music Pack - RPG Maker.net’s form got together and put out a wonderful album full of RPG Music for you to use. Music & loops.
Noyemi’s Free to Use Resources - Along with her Placeholder pack, she also has some free to use music & sounds as well. She’s the maker of Amihailu in Dreamland & Hell Diary, two rad games with equally rad soundtracks. Check out her sound cloud here! And her bandcamp here!
➤ Websites for Downloading Music
Freesound.org - Check the licensing agreement on the things you download! Sound Effects and Music Loops. You’ll need an account before you download anything, but the library is just so vast that it’s well worth it.
Looperman - Focuses on loops for audio software (so if you want to add more to it feel free). Here’s their terms & conditions page. You also have to create an account before you download anything. Loops, samples, sound effects, acapellas, & raps.
Sound Bible - Royalty-free Sound Effects under the public domain & attribution creative commons license.
Media College - has like, 10 loops in the public domain for you to download.
Free SFX - I linked to their License Page because it’s a bit hidden. Free Sound Effects. Yes, you have to make an account, but it’s free.
JWinter Music - A blog that post free to use Music, mostly for youtube videos.
AudioPad - a Youtube explicitly for royalty free music. They have a whole video answering questions about it if you’re confused!
FreePD.com - All of it is in the public domain (everything’s free to use because the copyright expired/there was no copyright in the first place). Loops.
Media Collage - Free Sound Effects as long as you don’t sell them yourself.
SampleSwap.org -“You must Log in (or register) in order to download these samples.… 100% of the samples on this site are free, but registration helps us fight MP3 robots and establish controls over how much gets downloaded, and when.” Samples, Music & Noise Loops, & sound effects.
Dig.CCMixter.org Check each track for a money symbol next to it. If there is none, it’s free to download. Free music.
Incompetech - All music is under creative commons, made by one dude. It’s a LOT of music, & is separated by different genres if you want to search for things.
iBeats - for when you need looping beats for your music. Remember, check the license (some are public domain, some are under commercial use under attribution, and most under a non-commercial license).
FreeMusicArchive.org - most works are under the Creative Commons license. Music & Spoken Word downloads.
Free Loops - Mostly Free Loops & VST Plug ins. Like so many others, check the license before downloading.
Musopen - Aims to be the largest public domain music collection. Go ahead and check if the recording itself as well as the composition is in public domain. Most recordings are. The site offers Classical Music Downloads, as well as Sheet Music.
Vita Chi - Free to use for both commercial & non-commercial projects! Music, Screams, & Sound Effects. Mad Father has
Classical Masterpiece Sound Library - Need free classical music and fast? Shazam! Free to use commercially and non-commecially. Alice Mare & The Crooked Man used this site for their classical pieces.
Senses Circuit - Wadanohara & the Great Blue Sea.
Pocket Sound - Free to use Sound Effects! “This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon a work, even commercially, as long as you credit them for the original creation.”
Tami Music Factory - Free to use commercially & non commercially. Check out the copyright page here. Sound effects, loops (Midi & Ogg), and… uh, mobile ringtones if you’re in need of those 0w0”.
Amacha Music - According to the FAQ, it’s free for both commercial and non-commecial use. Music.
H/MIX GALLERY - free background music/loops made by Hirokazu Akiyama. Free for non commercial use only though, you’ll have to pay for a license if you want to use it commercially. Mad Father, the Crooked Man, The Witch’s House, Alice Mare,
Otonomori - According to Rindere, it’s a free to use sound effects website for commercial and non-commercial uses.
Presence of Music - I’m pretty sure it’s just for non-commecial use only. Has music for both standard RPGs & Horror RPGs. Loops, I believe. Ib & the Witch’s House both have music from this site.
*Asterisk* - Free to use Midi files & Web music. Credit is not necessary, but appreciated.
koukaongen.com - Free to use sound effects, music, & loops. Credit is nice, but you don’t need to link back to them. I’m pretty sure it’s noncommercial use only. One of the sites used by the creator of Ib.
A few more found by Rindere - I’m not translating these anymore, you’re on your own. >3< BUT they’re all supposed to be Sound Effects websites.
rabbit-hole-divisions - All their music is free to use. I haven’t heard from them in a while though!
Yume Nikki Fangame Music Sheet - Just something if you like sheet music & Yume Nikki fan games.
➤ Browser Music Making Programs
Make Music in your own browser! (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.)
http://www.pulseboy.com - An 8bit/Chiptune Music Maker!
Bfxr - A sound effects maker!
as3sfxr - another sound effects maker! A bit simpler than Bfxr.
➤ Free Plug ins
Some Chiptune VSTs (the post warns you that you probably shouldn’t the Toad & Peach ones!)check it out Jin!
1. netflixroulette.net — Find something random to watch on Netflix.
2. pintsinthesun.co.uk — Find somewhere to drink a pint in the sun.
3. gfycat.com — Upload your gifs.
4. youconvertit.com — Convert documents.
5. ninite.com — Download all the free software you want at the same time.
6. squirt.io — Speed read the web one word at a time.
7. shouldiremoveit.com — Find out which applications you should remove from your computer.
8. avoidhumans.com — Find places to go in public that are not crowded.
9. keybr.com — Practice your touch typing.
10. oldversion.com — Get old versions of software.
11. readability-score.com — Find out how readable text is.
12. deadmansswitch.net — Have emails sent when you die.
13. mint.com — Budget your money.
14. roadtrippers.com — Plan your route with the best lodging and attractions.
15. duckduckgo.com — A search engine that is not following you.
16. padmapper.com — Maps out possible apartments/homes that fit your criteria.
17. zillow.com — Another great source for finding your next home.
18. printfriendly.com — Make any webpage print friendly.
19. printwhatyoulike.com — Print precisely what you want from any webpage.
20. privnote.com — Write a note to someone that will self-destruct after they read it.
21. freecycle.org — A network of people giving away free stuff in their towns.
22. couchsurfing.org — Crash on someone’s couch anywhere in the world.
23. recipepuppy.com — Search for recipes based on the ingredients you have.
24. pipl.com — A search engine for finding people.
25. charitynavigator.org — Evaluates various charities.
26. newsmap.jp — Popular news headlines.
27. radioreference.com — Listen to radio channels across the nation.
28. jimmyr.com — Link aggregator.
29. wolframalpha.com — A computational knowledge engine.
30. heavens-above.com — Follow satellites and constellations.
31. whatismyip.com — Figure out you I.P. address.
32. spreeder.com — Improve reading speed and comprehension.
33. simplynoise.com — Listen to white noise.
34. camelcamelcamel.com — Tracks prices for any product.
35. ptable.com — An interactive periodic table.
36. retailmenot.com — Find coupons for just about anything.
37. searchtempest.com — Search all of craigslist with one search.
38. join.me — Peek in on somebody’s computer screen.
39. thistothat.com — Find out the best way to glue this to that.
40. woorank.com — Find out what your website is missing, how you can improve it, and how to make Google recognize it better.
41. scribblemaps.com — Draw on maps then share them with friends.
42. mailvu.com — Video email.
43. rhymer.com — Online rhyming dictionary.
44. homestyler.com — Design your dream home.
45. wetransfer.com — An easy way to send big files.
46. pastebin.com — A place to paste text.
47. idlekeyboard.com — Make it sound like you are hard at work.
48. dropbox.com — Backup your sensitive document online.
49. seatguru.com — Find out where the best seats are on your plane flight.
50. unlistmy.info — Find out which websites store data about you, and tell them to unlist your info.
51. twofoods.com — Compare two foods..
52. gasbuddy.com — Find local gas prices.
53. sleepyti.me — Plan out your sleep schedule better.
54. ripetrack.com — Find out when certain fruits are ripe .
55. compassionpit.com — Talk out your problems with others, or help others yourself.
56. paperbackswap.com — Swap books with others.
57. swole.me — Plan out your meals better.
58. weatherspark.com — A graphical look at the weather.
59. network-tools.com — Various network tools.
60. amazon.com — The best place to buy things online.
61. writecheck.com — Correct grammar and check for plagiarism.
62. wakerupper.com — Send yourself a wake-up call.
63. pcpartpicker.com — Plan out your next PC build.
64. nophonetrees.com — Talk to an actual person instead of a machine when you call customer service.
65. loads.in — Find out how long it takes websites to load.
66. calorieking.com — Find nutrition information on various foods.
67. manualslib.com — A database of PDF manuals for various products.
68. eatthismuch.com — Create meal plans to meet your nutrition targets.
69. keepmeout.com — Lock yourself out of time wasting websites.
70. glassdoor.com — Research what it is like to work with certain companies.
Next, read 15 books to teach you a new skill.
As an artist, you’ll have to draw turned heads countless times. But when the head is turned, drawing the far eye poses a special challenge. This is because we must foreshorten that eye more than we’re used to, and because we’re tempted to shape it like the near eye, which is less foreshortened. Therefore, it’s useful to practice drawing the far eye by itself, without the near eye to throw you off. Print these sheets, draw the eyes, and you’ll save yourself great difficulty later.
Note that all of these eyes are facing our left. You’ll need to practice right-facing eyes as well, so flop the sheets in Photoshop, print them again, and draw those also.
ever wanted to do some stuff? like, different stuff? tired of having to scroll through your huge ref tag? LOOK NO FURTHER!! Have a masterpost of LITERALLY EVERYTHING
which took me 5 hours to make so reblog it
- Painting tutorial
- Female/male arms
- Kneeling + Sitting ref
- Dragon head view tutorial
- SAI brushes 86786
- Drawing expressions
- Sai Brushes 1
- NGE colour palette 1
- 100+ colour palletes
- Avoiding same face
- Face contours/highlighting
- free art MyPaint
- Body anatomy help 1
- How to shift images using blur in PS
- Drawing clothe folding
- How to draw ice
- Colour palette 1
- Colour palette 2
- SAI brush settings 2
- SAI/PS pixel brushes
- Warm/Cool gray
- Flower crown tutorial
- Skin colour palette
- Pink colour sheet
- How to draw butts&thighs
- The male torso
- Drawing glowing stuff in SAI
- Drawing horse/animal legs on humans
- Drawing clouds
- Muscular male with bow stock photos
- Pastel colours
- Drawing grass fields in SAI
- All about the human body
- 20+ colour palettes
- Colour conversion
- Kissing ref
- Creature design
- Colour meanings
- Creating expression
- Tutorial masterpost (100+)
- How to colour
- Pose studies
- Feline comparisons
- How to draw penis
- Leaf pressing
- 100+ anatomy references
- How to draw folds
- SAI brushes 3
- Sitting poses
- Colour palette 4
- Cloud painting
- How to draw 3D rooms
- Colour info
- Colouring ref
- Hair tutorial
- Clothing ref
- Bodies and poses
- SAI brushes 5
- Colour scheme designer
- Folding ref
- Paint tool SAI masterpost
- Drawing ref masterpost (10+)
- How to draw faces
- SAI brushes 4
- Anatomy of mutant humans
- What should I draw?
- Free art software
- pastel colour ref
- Mass art ref
- Soft SAI brushes
- ways to draw stuff
- SAI brush settings
- baseball cap ref
- Penis ref
- Drawing human wings
- Cool free art software
- Huge art ref
- Colour blender
- 2 SAI brushes
- Photoshop for free
- Inspiration 1
- Instead of ‘whispered’
- Music for writing fight scenes
- Writing fantasy
- Emotions vocab sheet
- How to reveal character
- Writers block resource
- Writing a death scene
- BIO help
- Music to help you write
- Writing prompt generators
- Got writers block?
- How to torture a character
- Degrees of emotion
- ULTIMATE writing ref, 500+
- Character names
- Body language
- 25 days of fic
- HOW TO DRAW ANYTHING
- Writing people of colour
- nanowrimo start kit
- character flaws
- Becoming an adult masterpost
- cute OTP things
- Resource masterpost
- For bored people
- Anime + Manga recs
- how to make a blanket nest
- Getting an apartment
- what should i read next?
- If you’re bored
- Delete tourists from photos
- Cute pet nicknames
- Family tree explained
- Pulling an all nighter
- masterpost of themes/pixels/emoticons
- List of demon names
- Demons & Deities in the bible
- Moss graffiti
- Types of attraction
- Trampoline = outside bed
- College textbooks
- God masterpost
- OTP necklaces
- Super silky summer legs
- Plastic keychains
- How to write cover letters
- make music on itunes sound great
- Classic lit
- Black/gold ref 1
- Cosplay eye makeup
- Halloween eye gore makeup (tw eye gore)
- Rotting skin halloween makeup
- Eyeliner ref
- bloody halloween nails
Cheer up/Be happy
- PokéRadar guide
- Play pokémon games online
- Pkmn Shiny hunting guide
- Animal crossing new leaf face/hair guide
- Free RPG games
There is no number five.
The most important tip I could ever give towards drawing/creating good comics is to read comics. Good, bad, mediocre, read them all and learn from them.
MY FROND asked me how i draw shoes and then i got really into it and drew a whole bunch of SHOES HAHAH I hope this helps someone
DON”T worry about getting the shape perfect at first bc you can always edit it later!! ALso this is just my really quick way of drawing shoes IT PROBABLY ISN”T EVEN RIGHT SOMETIMES LIEs down
HEY WRITERS OF ALL KINDS AND AGES AND MAYBE EVEN DNDERS OR TABLETOP GAMERS ARE YOU READY FOR SOMETHING SUPER RAD? I HOPE SO ‘CAUSE
EDITING FEATURES AVAILABLE
IT DOESN’T REALLY DO LAND MASSES OR ANYTHING BUT IT SURE AS HELL WILL MAP THAT CITY/VILLAGE/SHIP/DUNGEON/WHATEVER THAT YOU’VE BEEN MEANING TO MAP OUT FOR YOU
Tones Brush Set 001- http://tonyhurst.deviantart.com/art/Tones-Brush-Set-No-1-324890243
Tones Brush Set 002- http://tonyhurst.deviantart.com/art/Tones-Brush-Set-2-335436332
Tones Brush Presets- http://tonyhurst.deviantart.com/art/Tones-Tool-Presets-363052281
i dont think you guys appreciate how rad this site is
because first of all you got your basic fantasy and game race names for like
BUT AS IF THAT ISN’T ENOUGH
REAL NAMES WHICH ARE GOOD FOR BOOKS
AND THIS THERE’S MORE????
BAM, PLACE NAMES
AND STILL MORE
SO YOU SEE THESE LITTLE OPTIONS HERE
GO AND TRY TO HELP A GOOD PERSON OUT
Tuesday Tips - EARS
In storyboards, I often don’t put too much thinking into drawing ears. I mostly draw them as shapes. The only time I really need to know the ins and outs of ear anatomy is when I draw an over-the-shoulder shot. I never wanna draw attention to it, but a poorly drawn ear WILL stick out. Other than that, you can only simplify something adequately if you know it well. Maybe I’ll do another posts later on “cartooning” ears or modifying ears.
Message me if you have requests.